Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 1

Night one has been a success. This early in the process, it's not that exciting. But here are some pics of what goes on every night. My meds come in powder form and have to be reconstituted with saline solution for injection. So I draw 1ml of saline into the syringe and then squirt it into the first powder vial. Then I do the same for 2 more vials, then put the needle on and we're ready for the injection. Mixing to two meds together is great because then I only have to do one injection each night instead of two. The meds I am on are Bravelle (FSH) and Menopur (FSH+LH).

All my supplies ready for mixing

John takes this very seriously :-)

Ready to inject! The needle is only 1/2 inch, so it's not so bad, but John has to do it for me because I can't bring myself to stab myself.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'd be able to stab myself either, lol. Was John nervous at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John has gotten to be a pro at stabbing me. He is not a fan of needles, but he first started stabbing over a year ago. Even back when we were doing Clomid, I had to do what's called a trigger shot. It is a high dose of hCG that basically forces your body to ovulate any mature follicles so it ensures ovulation during medicated cycles. Plus we have done injections before with IUI. This time, it is higher doses and multiple meds, but luckily we can mix them so it's still just one shot.

      Delete
  2. He looks very professional. I'm glad he is taking his role seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is good at making sure all the air is out, but that we don't lose any precious drops of meds. :-)

      Delete
  3. He does look very professional and serious. Way to go John! Good luck with everything you guys!

    ReplyDelete