Tuesday, November 12, 2013

2nd ultrasound

We had our 2nd ultrasound today and I was so relieved to get a peak at our babies again and see that everything (and everyone) is on track. The last 2.5 weeks we have been in Utah, so I couldn't have my follow-up any sooner. It was a busy and fun trip, but I was so anxious for the appointment. Every milestone we hit is major to me and helps me breathe a little easier. Our risk of miscarriage at this point is less than 5% and it will just keep going down.

I officially graduated from the RE today and will have my first OB appointment on Dec. 5 (seems forever away!). I have plenty to keep me busy though, because we are moving back to UT. I am headed back (by plane) in 9 days and then John will drive our car+all our stuff the next week.

Baby A measured 9w2d with a heart rate of 174 and Baby B is measuring 9w0d with a heart rate of 166. My doctor assured me that it is normal/ok to measure a couple of days apart and/or behind, so I am not worried. She said everything is progressing normally. I am anxious for my first appointment in UT and hopefully another peak at the babies. I will be having the NT screening on 12/6, so either way I will see them in a few weeks.

Here's the latest photo. She couldn't get a zoomed in shot of both at once, so she did a side-by-side photo for me.



4 comments:

  1. I wish a smooth and as stress free move back home to Utah as possible. I'm so glad to hear your little babies are healthy and strong. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, your tiny babies are adorable! So happy to hear that everything is going so well. Good luck on the move, and congrats again! Maybe we'll bump into each other once you hit Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a great u/s #2! So happy for you Bethany! Double blessings on their way!

    ReplyDelete