Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 13

Well 13 days into IVF and my cycle is over. Our egg did not fertilize in the lab, so we are done with this cycle. My doctor called me to give me the news personally and we set up a time to talk more and regroup on Tuesday. She said she is still very hopeful for me and that there are a lot of things we can still try or do differently to hope for more eggs and eventual success.

Of course I am sad. And disappointed. And frustrated. And tired. But I'm not ready to give up and I knew this wasn't going to be a magic cure-all for us and that it could be a lengthy process with multiple tries.

Thanks for all your support, thoughts, prayers, kindness, and encouraging words. It really means a lot to us to have so many people rooting for us.


8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! I love you lots and will continue to pray for you and John to have success and that things will work out this next time. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off big, big {{{HUGS}}} I'll be praying for you as you grieve the loss of this cycle and praying for happy news on the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliza, I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you guys! I wish I could give you both a great big hug. We will keep praying and hoping for you and never give up rooting for you. Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really with I could give you a big hug. I hate that our cycles ended this way. I'm so happy that you are not giving up!! You will get there. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I wish I could give you a big hug too. I have to stay hopeful though and I hope you are too.

      Delete