Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 5

Well today was my first ultrasound of the cycle and it didn't go that well. I was worried I wouldn't respond or that my E2 levels wouldn't be going up the way they should. Well I am responding...but I am responding too fast. My E2 more than doubled in 48 hours, but I already have a follicle that is 19mm and then 2 others that are 12-13mm. There were maybe some smaller ones that the tech didn't measure, but she didn't note anything in my chart so I don't really know what I am working with. This basically means that I could ovulate on my own in the next few days. I will keep doing my injections in hopes the smaller follicles will catch up and maybe a few more will be big enough to measure and catch up as well. They will start me on another injectable med called Ganirelix, probably tomorrow, that will keep me from ovulating on my own while we give the little follicles a chance to grow some more. Hopefully the 19mm will slow down and the others will pick up the pace. This is the kind of response I would have liked for my last IUI cycle and I wish I was having a response now that was closer to what I had for my IUI (5-6 follicles growing slowly at around the same rate over 12 days with one pulling ahead right at the end). I feel like I just can't win. Also, my insurance only approved 4 days worth of Ganirelix, so hopefully I can get some more because it sounds like I am going to need it. My nurse said it's possible I could be ready for retrieval in 4-5 days, but it wouldn't be ideal. My doctor initially told me she would be fine proceeding even if I only have one egg...but that seems a little crazy and even though I knew I might not have a very good response, I was really hopeful it would be better than this.

Anyway, I go back early tomorrow for another ultrasound and more blood work and then we will go from there. I hope things get even a little better because right now, I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment