Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 8

Things are moving a long with our cycle. I had more blood work and ultrasound monitoring today and my follicles are all still growing and my estrogen is rising the way it is supposed to. Basically slow and steady, which is good for an IVF cycle.

Today's stats:
R side: 16.46mm, 14.88 mm, and 24.4 mm (likely a cyst, so we are ignoring it still)
L side: 16.31mm
Lining: 11.1mm
E2: 501

My follicles are growing about 2mm per day so they are having me do 2 more nights of injections and then I will have my next check Thursday morning. If all goes well, I will do my trigger shot that evening (Ovidrel) and the egg retrieval will be scheduled for Saturday morning. This would be the ideal schedule because after tomorrow, I will be out of Ganirelix. If my doctor decides I need to do one more day of stims, then I will have to order the Ganirelix from a local specialty pharmacy and pick it up myself on Thursday, which is a 1.5 hour drive each way. If I order it now though, and then don't need it, I will have spent $120 a may not have needed to (and of course we hope there is no "next" cycle to save it for). A Saturday ER is also ideal because we will be driving to Waltham again and in Boston morning weekday traffic, the usual 50 min drive will be about 2 hours, so Saturday would be great. So everybody keep your fingers crossed for things to keep progressing like they have so I will be ready to trigger Thursday.

Thanks for all your sweet comments and support. I am feeling a little better, but still not that great. I think most of it is side effects from the medications rather than physical effects from the growing eggs. There are women who go through this same process and have 20-30 eggs, which I can't imagine there is actually room for in one's ovaries. I figure the yuckiness will just prepare me for pregnancy. :-)

And another ecard, just for fun:

6 comments:

  1. I hope that you get to trigger soon. I was always so nervous about running out of meds when cycling, especially since I ordered from Walgreens Specialty and they could only ship overnight- Mon-Fri.
    I'm one of those women who 20-30 eggs per IVF cycle and I would joke that I felt like a chicken. My sister then said I should feel more like a fish - caviar- since there were so many eggs in me. I felt heaviness but not much else- I've never ever really had side effects from the meds (even clomid). Hey, at least if I'm going to fail multiple cycles, might as well tolerate the meds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have tolerated the meds well! I upped my sodium intake and drank a lot of coconut water for the electrolytes and I feel a lot better today.
      I was really worried about running out of meds, but came in right on target with the Ganirelix and have tons of extra Bravelle. If I do end up having a next cycle, I will have plenty.

      Delete
  2. Lots of prayers for you today! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing! I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete